Automation Field Engineer
This is a direct hire position with a growing Oil and Gas Manufacturing and Service Company in Shawnee, OK. GPS offers SCADA, Automation, Process Control System, Instrumentation, Electronics, Software Engineering as well as electrical/Mechanical Engineering & Installation Solutions.
Perform maintenance, inspection, installation, and calibration of instrumentation and automation systems: programmable logic controllers, electronic flow measurement, remote terminal units, radios, control valves, electrical and pneumatic end devices (which include transmitters, switches, controllers indicating or controlling level, flow, pressure and temperature).
- Knowledge of motor controls and variable frequency drives, control room layouts, I/O marshalling and controls enclosures, etc.
- Working knowledge of VFD, meters, sensors, transducers, and other automation based components at customer sites to integrate with artificial lift equipment.
- Must be able to use multiple computer programs associated with various types of equipment.
- Strong understanding of electrical and instrumentation principles.
- Professional communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Field experience in the oil and gas industry (Instrumentation, Electrical, Automation).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering a plus. Graduation from VoTech Automation course, minimum requirement.
- Work experience in lieu of education may be accepted.
- May perform, track analyze, coordinate and/or develop preventive maintenance programs.
- Troubleshooting equipment/analyzing data and submitting reports to the company/customer.
- Work with automation team to develop and test new products and services.
- Track results and ensure repeatability.
- Provide on-site commissioning, configuration and start-up support.
- Provide formal and informal training on configuration, maintenance and operations for automation systems.
- Effectively address and resolve existing customer concerns.